CARGO TRIKE Vs CARGO BIKE
We often get asked which are better, cargo trikes or cargo bikes?
As with most things in life, it’s depends what you want to do with your cargo bike.
It seems Europe can’t decide either, as it is generally accepted that the Dutch prefer 2 wheeled cargo bikes and the Danish prefer 3 wheeled cargo trikes.
So, I thought I would pen a guide to help make you decide which suits you and your family or business.
The guide is based on the 8 years of experience of matching the right cargo bike to the family or business, and my own thoughts from using these myself with my 4 young boys, ranging from 1 year old to 12 years old.
- Cargo Bikes
- With a cargo bike the journey tends to be quicker,and so the radius of use for a cargo bike is wider.
- As they have 2 wheels like a normal bike, the cargo bikes are less affected by the camber on the road, so generally feel more like riding a normal bike once going.
- If you like speed, then the cargo bikes tend to allow a little bit more of it, the trikes prefer to cruise more than sprint. Those speed lovers amongst you should look to the lighter performance cargo bikes like the Wallaroo, Triobike Cargo bike and Bullitt
- The Cargo bikes are easier to store as they are narrower, so tend to squeeze through most gates/doors and bollards
- On straight flat uninterrupted cycle paths, cargo bikes are a dream to ride, and the extra weight over a normal bike seems almost irrelevant.
- CARGO BIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLESwww.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
CHRISTIANIA CARGO BIKE
BABBOE CITY CARGO BIKE
TRIOBIKE Cargo Bike
GAZELLE CABBY BIKE
YUBA BIKES – YUBA MUNDO , BODA BODA
3 wheeled Cargo Bikes/Trikes
- The box sizes are generally more spacious with a cargo trike, and the load capacity is generally higher. Items of all different shapes and sizes can be accommodated more easily in a trike.
- At slow speeds you can plod up hills without any slow moving wobble, and they are easier to get going again at slow speeds too.
- When dismounting cargo or little ones, the 3 wheels keeps things steady(.Although the stands are very impressive on the quality 2 wheeler cargo bikes we stock).
- When you arrive at your destination, the trike can be pushed easily right to where you need to.I love pushing my trike into the school playground……no parking rage required!
- In general, in most cargo trikes used for carrying children, the rainhoods and benches are designed for older children, so a bit more longevity for your investment with a cargo trikes vs cargo bikes.
- Less affected by extreme weather, like high winds, frosty and muddy or sandy bits. Of course, great care should always be taken in extreme conditions.
- There is more space for fitting carrying options for babies in a cargo trike
- The trikes are wider so it is always worth checking any gates or barriers on your commonly used routes, but as many bend in the middle, the cargo trikes are often easier to manoeuvre around the staggered gates than the 2 wheeled cargo bikes.
CARGO TRIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLESwww.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
WINTHER KANGAROO LUXE
WINTHER KANGAROO LITE
WINTHER KANGAROO CARGOO
ZIGO LEADER BIKE
Daffodils are out, signalling the start of another great cargo bike season. Kids and Family Cycles have added even more enticing cargo bikes and cargo trikes to our range, so to see what’s new head to www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
We support cargo bikes in London and around the UK, so call our cargo bike specialist today, Carolyn on 01425 270774 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my kind of Halloween Treat..£350 off a Taga..although my kids might think differently!
Just email me on email@example.com with your postcode and I can send to a quote asap to allow you to take advantage of this offer which runs for orders up until 4th November. Or call on 01425 270774
Here’s some lovely’ in adventure’ pictures from one of our customers we supplied a Circe Helios Tandem Bike to recently.
Pictures range from Plymouth to Scotland, so this neat tandem bike has been very busy!
it is certainly busy in our household as our touring bike when we are out with our boys. A real great all rounder.