Spring is always a time for great new beginnings and for us a new cycling season awaits. Here is our latest website which offers an amazing range of cargo bikes and trikes, and some new extras for those cycling enthusiasts.
After all the cargo bike demo families had finished, what a great way to end an amazing Good Friday here at Kids and Family Cycles.
Kids and Family Cycles is so pleased to announce that we have become an official stockist and demonstration centre for the unrivalled Wattbike.
Open for test rides by appointment from April 4th 2016 or opt for our home demonstration service by calling us on 01425 270774 or text 07535493301
Both the trainer Wattbike and the pro Wattbike are ready for action here.
The staff here are already getting competitive and comparing power output, come and take the challenge!
During the quieter darker months, we have been busy honing our skills for 2016, so we are now a registered Bosch Centre after our training recently.
Cargo bikes with e assist are a dream to ride and in our experience are reliable too, so take a look at our extensive range of electric cargo bikes at www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
If you don’s see an electric assist option on the cargo bike, then do give us a call, as we have been involved with electric bikes since 2009 and been trained in the retro fitted sunstar system too here, so many cargo bikes can be converted at a later date if your cargo gets bigger.
Call: 01425 270774 07535493301
Couldn’t resist the Easter pun, but just to let you know that Kids and Family Cycles will be open over the whole Easter Weekend.
We simply request that you call and book an approximate arrival time and preferred day. Why do we ask that you book?
- This dedicated time to you and your family, allows us to really help personally guide you through the different cargo bike decisions to arrive at the right one for you and your family needs.You can hop on and off different models to really compare them thoroughly.
- With kids that get bored very easily, hanging around while we deal with other customers makes the whole process tiresome for little ones. They want cargo bike action and they want it now!!
- We’ve also been busy developing our family friendly play zone, which should be finished soon, and will involve an impressive play area and trampoline.
- Here’s what a few happy customers had to say:
Testimonial for our after sales service:
“Your service is top-notch. We know you care the utmost about the cycles and more importantly the customer. You have done everything possible to ensure that our family cycle stays on the road, and we are very grateful for all that you have done.
Thank you for your incredible service. From bringing to us 3 bikes to demo at our home, to the friendly servicing of the bike at our home – your service is nothing short of the best”
RON SW LONDON – DEC 2012
Thank you so much for all your help. This has been such an easy experience.
Rebecca. N London February 2014
Your bike demo is the best I have ever done, so helpful and comprehensive. Thank you. Alf – Hampshire 2015
See the best cargo trike demonstration fleet in the UK at
Hopefully see you soon……
.Call 01425 270774
or text 07535 493301 to book
CARGO TRIKE Vs CARGO BIKE
We often get asked which are better, cargo trikes or cargo bikes?
As with most things in life, it’s depends what you want to do with your cargo bike.
It seems Europe can’t decide either, as it is generally accepted that the Dutch prefer 2 wheeled cargo bikes and the Danish prefer 3 wheeled cargo trikes.
So, I thought I would pen a guide to help make you decide which suits you and your family or business.
The guide is based on the 8 years of experience of matching the right cargo bike to the family or business, and my own thoughts from using these myself with my 4 young boys, ranging from 1 year old to 12 years old.
- Cargo Bikes
- With a cargo bike the journey tends to be quicker,and so the radius of use for a cargo bike is wider.
- As they have 2 wheels like a normal bike, the cargo bikes are less affected by the camber on the road, so generally feel more like riding a normal bike once going.
- If you like speed, then the cargo bikes tend to allow a little bit more of it, the trikes prefer to cruise more than sprint. Those speed lovers amongst you should look to the lighter performance cargo bikes like the Wallaroo, Triobike Cargo bike and Bullitt
- The Cargo bikes are easier to store as they are narrower, so tend to squeeze through most gates/doors and bollards
- On straight flat uninterrupted cycle paths, cargo bikes are a dream to ride, and the extra weight over a normal bike seems almost irrelevant.
- CARGO BIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLESwww.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
CHRISTIANIA CARGO BIKE
BABBOE CITY CARGO BIKE
TRIOBIKE Cargo Bike
GAZELLE CABBY BIKE
YUBA BIKES – YUBA MUNDO , BODA BODA
3 wheeled Cargo Bikes/Trikes
- The box sizes are generally more spacious with a cargo trike, and the load capacity is generally higher. Items of all different shapes and sizes can be accommodated more easily in a trike.
- At slow speeds you can plod up hills without any slow moving wobble, and they are easier to get going again at slow speeds too.
- When dismounting cargo or little ones, the 3 wheels keeps things steady(.Although the stands are very impressive on the quality 2 wheeler cargo bikes we stock).
- When you arrive at your destination, the trike can be pushed easily right to where you need to.I love pushing my trike into the school playground……no parking rage required!
- In general, in most cargo trikes used for carrying children, the rainhoods and benches are designed for older children, so a bit more longevity for your investment with a cargo trikes vs cargo bikes.
- Less affected by extreme weather, like high winds, frosty and muddy or sandy bits. Of course, great care should always be taken in extreme conditions.
- There is more space for fitting carrying options for babies in a cargo trike
- The trikes are wider so it is always worth checking any gates or barriers on your commonly used routes, but as many bend in the middle, the cargo trikes are often easier to manoeuvre around the staggered gates than the 2 wheeled cargo bikes.
CARGO TRIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLESwww.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
WINTHER KANGAROO LUXE
WINTHER KANGAROO LITE
WINTHER KANGAROO CARGOO
ZIGO LEADER BIKE
Daffodils are out, signalling the start of another great cargo bike season. Kids and Family Cycles have added even more enticing cargo bikes and cargo trikes to our range, so to see what’s new head to www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
We support cargo bikes in London and around the UK, so call our cargo bike specialist today, Carolyn on 01425 270774 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org