Gadget lovers tune into the new series of Channel’s 4, The Gadget Man
Monday 1st June, Channel 4 @ 8.30pm
We delivered a Nimble Scooter for Richard and his celebrity guests to have some fun with in episode 1 of the new series which is beginning shown tomorrow evening.
So, if you like what you see, then order one next day from www.nimblescooters.co.uk
THE ORIGINAL CARGO SCOOTER
Nimble, meaning agile, is what defines our kick-scooter and its unique capability of transporting small cargo.
Thanks to our patented steering system, one can easily manoeuvre a Nimble Cargo Scooter through tight spaces, crowds or sharp turns, even with a total load of 350 lbs.
An entirely new innovative means of personal mobility, they are designed to help people move things around short distances. Taking tasks and errands to a whole new level, our cargo scooters save time, your back and make the ride SO much more enjoyable.
Useful and fun for a variety of uses such as :
urban mobility, warehouse fulfilment, outdoor events, commercial/small business deliveries or marketing events.
What’s your cargo?
The great value range from Babboe is now available as an electric assist cargo bike from www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
If you are interested in trying one out, then watch this space, as we should have our demonstrators arriving soon, so you can test ride the whole range to see which one will change your life this Summer.
A lovely family shared their nightly routine with us recently. We supplied them with this great 3 pedalling Onderwater tandem bike, which they fondly called “The Beast” , and they found this great bedtime story by Dr Suess to make everything complete.
We like our bike, it’s made for three
Our Mike sits up in back you see
We like our Mike and this is why
Mike does all the work when the hills get high!
Substitute Mum for Mike and that’s my life and many cycling mum’s around the world…..and we love it and wouldn’t have it any other way.
The Boda Boda is an amazingly light cargo bike with a great load capacity for whatever you wish to carry, from surf boards to little ones…and big kids too.
i also love the fact that it can store so neatly, and is really light enough for this to be a really easy position to get the bike into this upright position for storage.
Go to www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk to see more and order one today, ready for your new cargo bike life
CARGO TRIKE Vs CARGO BIKE
We often get asked which are better, cargo trikes or cargo bikes?
As with most things in life, it’s depends what you want to do with your cargo bike.
It seems Europe can’t decide either, as it is generally accepted that the Dutch prefer 2 wheeled cargo bikes and the Danish prefer 3 wheeled cargo trikes.
So, I thought I would pen a guide to help make you decide which suits you and your family or business. The guide is based on the 7 years of experience of matching the right cargo bike to the family or business, and my own thoughts from using these myself with my 4 young boys, ranging from 1 year old to 12 years old.
- Cargo Bikes
- With a cargo bike the journey tends to be quicker,and so the radius of use for a cargo bike is wider.
- As they have 2 wheels like a normal bike, the cargo bikes are less affected by the camber on the road, so generally feel more like riding a normal bike once going.
- If you like speed, then the cargo bikes tend to allow a little bit more of it, the trikes prefer to cruise more than sprint. Those speed lovers amongst you should look to the lighter performance cargo bikes like the Wallaroo, Triobike Cargo bike and Bullitt
- The Cargo bikes are easier to store as they are narrower, so tend to squeeze through most gates/doors and bollards
- On straight flat uninterrupted cycle paths, cargo bikes are a dream to ride, and the extra weight over a normal bike seems almost irrelevant.
- CARGO BIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLES www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
CHRISTIANIA CARGO BIKE
BABBOE CITY CARGO BIKE
TRIOBIKE Cargo Bike
GAZELLE CABBY BIKE
YUBA BIKES – YUBA MUNDO , BODA BODA
3 wheeled Cargo Bikes/Trikes
- The box sizes are generally more spacious with a cargo trike, and the load capacity is generally higher. Items of all different shapes and sizes can be accommodated more easily in a trike.
- At slow speeds you can plod up hills without any slow moving wobble, and they are easier to get going again at slow speeds too.
- When dismounting cargo or little ones, the 3 wheels keeps things steady(.Although the stands are very impressive on the quality 2 wheeler cargo bikes we stock).
- When you arrive at your destination, the trike can be pushed easily right to where you need to.I love pushing my trike into the school playground……no parking required!
- In general, in most cargo trikes used for carrying children, the rainhoods and benches are designed for older children, so a bit more longevity for your investment with a cargo trikes vs cargo bikes.
- Less affected by extreme weather, like high winds, frosty and muddy or sandy bits. Of course, great care should always be taken in extreme conditions.
- There is more space for fitting carrying options for babies in a cargo trike
- The trikes are wider so it is always worth checking any gates or barriers on your commonly used routes, but as many bend in the middle, the cargo trikes are often easier to manoeuvre around the staggered gates than the 2 wheeled cargo bikes.
CARGO TRIKES OPTIONS AT KIDS AND FAMILY CYCLES www.kidsandfamilycycles.co.uk
WINTHER KANGAROO LUXE
WINTHER KANGAROO LITE
WINTHER KANGAROO CARGOO
ZIGO LEADER BIKE
A Zebra nihola bike we handover a couple of years ago is about to under go an electrifying transformation with assistance of a Sunstar Kit and our trained Sunstar assembly mechanic. So if you want some extra speed, the sunstar kit can be retro fitted on to a cargo bike, so give us a call on 01425 270774 if your Nihola Bike fancy some extra assistance
A local community project has teamed up with Halfords and ourselves to provide a collection of bikes for a local community. The babboe Electric will be busy collecting donations around the West Howe area in Bournemouth, so stop it and donate.
Lorraine, an cycling inspiration to us all, is guiding the team to putting the bikes into action in the community which includes 10 bikes from the Halfords range too.
I am really looking forward to seeing the project flourish.